- Summary slide of keynote speaker Andrew B. Watson is available now.
- Slides of ITU-T special session are available.
- Registration desk: The registration desk will open at 08.00 on Monday morning and stay open until after lunch. After this the secretariat will be open for information and help.
- Information desk: The information at the venue will be open from 18.00-19.00 on Sunday evening before the welcome concert in Nidarosdomen.
- The maximum poster size is: Width 1.0 m; Height 1.4 m.
- Welcome concert for QoMEX'10 participants in Nidarosdomen: Sunday, June 20, 19.30 pm. More...
- The Technical Program for QoMEX'10 is available
- The Workshop registration is opened!
- Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE QoMEX'10 Conference Proceedings and in IEEE Xplore®.
- The online paper submission section has been opened
- The Workshop is technically sponsored by IEEE Signal Processing Society, International Speech Communication Association (ISCA), European Acoustics Association (EAA), ITU-T Study Group 12 and Euro-NF
- Second Call for Papers is available now
- Visit QoMEX 2010 in social networks: LinkedIn and Facebook
- QoMEX 2009 web-site is available here: www.qomex2009.org
The second International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will bring together leading professionals and scientists who are developing methods for evaluating multimedia quality and user experience.
Typically, multimedia processing algorithms are evaluated using objective metrics or through subjective testing in a controlled environment. However, perceived user experience is psychological in nature and changes in different environmental conditions and with different multimedia devices. Therefore, new techniques are needed to assess and enhance multimedia experience from the user perspective. QoMEX’10 is an international forum to gather experts from academia and industry to present the latest developments on evaluation of multimedia quality based on user experience.
QoMEX’10 features oral presentations, exhibits, panels and poster sessions in order to provide attendees with various channels to exchange and acquire information about the latest developments and future trends in the field of multimedia user experience.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- User Experience Assessment and Enhancement: New metrics to define quality of user experience, interaction between auditory, visual, affective and other modalities and their impact on user experience, UI design, user experience rendering, user experience acquisition, human and multimedia device interaction, multimedia quality evaluation tools for generic and specific applications.
- Visual User Experience (Image/Video/Graphics): Objective quality metrics, subjective quality evaluation, psycho-visual modeling, quality-centered processing, compression and transmission, artifacts reduction, relationship between errors/noise/losses to human perception, display-specific processing, 3D Video, quality evaluation in HD and beyond, quality evaluation in HDR content, quality issues in streaming video.
- Auditory User Experience (Speech/Audio): Psycho-acoustic modeling, quality assessment of interactive speech applications, VoIP, modeling based on human auditory perception, intrusive/non-intrusive models for quality evaluation.
- QoE for virtual, augmented and mixed realites: 3D audio, 3D video and multimodal representation, immersiveness, embodied interaction, haptic interaction, other modalities.
- Link between QoS, QoE and Acceptance: Innovation management based on QoS and QoE, business models, value of QoE, relationship between QoE and price.
- Psychological and sociological dimension of QoE: Physiological and neurotechnological measurement techniques, modality concepts and modality interaction, interaction and communication, semantics, user groups.
- Standardization Activities in Multimedia Quality Evaluation: Subjective evaluation methods, benchmarking efforts, databases and multimedia content characteristics, testing conditions, new objective metrics and models for upcoming standards, terminology definitions.
Examples of applications include VoIP, Video conferences/Tele-presence/Video chats, Virtual/mixed reality for games, education, training, arts, etc.
Download a PDF version of this call for paper.
QoMEX 2010 Financial Sponsors
|Deutsche Telekom Laboratories||NTNU-Q2S||PERCEVAL project|